Our Mission: Teaching and Reaching…Christian Midwives International is committed to serving and glorifying God through childbirth. CMI seeks to provide tangible support, encouragement, edification, education, fellowship, and worship for practicing and aspiring midwives. Brandi Wood, Director
Statement of Purpose and Conduct
The unity of believers is glorious evidence of God’s perfect love. Though we come from varying backgrounds, we are still one in the Lord and share this calling of service to childbearing families. Members of CMI are committed to acting and speaking respectfully of other Christian birth professionals in order to promote unity, love, and peace in the Body of Christ. CMI members strive to lift up their fellow Christian sisters in prayer and conduct themselves with integrity and kindness.
Statement of Faith
- There is only one God, who has existed eternally in three persons: God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- The Bible: Old and New Testaments, are the inspired Word of God, authoritative and applicable to all of life.
- That the forgiveness of sin and eternal life are received by grace through faith in the death, burial, and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ
- We believe the presence and power of the Holy Spirit enables a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
· All life is God-breathed and begins at conception
· Birth is a beautiful event with physical, emotional, and spiritual implications
· God gives us the wisdom to responsibly use technology to handle a difficult birth
CMI membership dues help in many areas:
- Scholarships for students/midwives wanting to attend the annual conference but cannot afford it
- Birth-related mission work
- Annual CMI conference: lodging, conference center, speakers, supplies
- Website maintenance for referrals to connect Christian families with Christian childbirth professionals
- Annual publication of the BirthLife newsletter
- . . . And much more!
Do you still need a reason to join?
- Referrals to Christian families needing to find Christian birth professionals
- Encouragement through CMI member-only Yahoo group and Christian Midwives International Facebook group
- Refreshment at our annual conference by connecting with sisters in Christ who know and love what you do
- Continuing Education from a Christian worldview in the BirthLife newsletter and annual conference
- Peer Review, Skills Workshops, and Fellowship at state, regional, and national conference
- International Midwives & Ministries with service and giving opportunities
- Discounts on registration fees for the annual conference